2011年6月28日星期二

chalk it up for the Birkin

Shopping:All eye weren't precisely on my bag when I sauntered reducing Fifth and Madison avenues, the two lined with artist shops. But after within a store, I figured stuff could be different. At Barneys New York, I checked out a $3,500 Bottega Veneta handbag and listened for the saleswoman rattle on about how well-made that purse is. When I enquired her if it might preserve up appreciably better than my Birkin, it experienced been just as if she'd observed the bag for the preliminary time.

It was different a few doors reducing at Hermès. I experienced popped with a few several weeks earlier placing on a pricey Chanel handbag. Only one salesperson spoke to me as I perused two floors. But using a Birkin on my arm, not merely was I greeted warmly, but i experienced been also enquired if there is something I would would rather see. i experienced been directed to some brand brand new $5,650 handbag that strike the shelf an hour ago. My eager salesman even checked for other colours and brought one out in an unbelievably gigantic orange box, even now sealed in plastic.

At a party:At a start celebration forPlayers Clubmagazine at New York's Mandarin Oriental, a female checked out the bag after which enquired if there's truly a waiting list. previous to I could answer, she babbled on that if she experienced just one Birkin, she would certainly not yearn for one more purse.

Celeb chat:At a information conference to introduce Kelly Ripa as brand brand ambassador for Electrolux appliances, she passed by me and said, "Nice handbag." When we later on sat reducing for an interview, she pointed out the purse. She's Birkin-less and stated she was waiting for just about any really exclusive occasion. additional than an hour later, she passed me from the lobby and said, "Bye, Kelly." Most celebs don't bother to remember a reporter's name, even if they write about it. I chalk it up for the Birkin.

没有评论:

发表评论